Cycling as a “Way of Life”!
- Cycle to the shops or into town, round to your friends. Any excuse to ride your bike. I am 29 and I ditched the 4 wheels for 2 wheels 5 years ago. Stress free transport!
Cycle to work!
- It doesn’t have to be every day but cycling to work is getting more and more popular. It’s FREE and in many cases faster! Have a go, you’ll surprise yourself! If you are short of time to train, by cycling to work or part of the way you are in fact saving time.
Join a gym
- Many gyms run RPM or Spinning classes early morning and evening. Classes normally last between 30 minutes and 1 hour. This is great way of getting your leg speed up. Remember to cycle to the gym!!!
Train before work or in your lunch break.
- Try getting up 1 hour earlier to train. This will get your body fired up and you’ll be more productive during the day.
Exercise with your friends family and children
Utilise your weekends.
- Back to back cycling days
Book your training times into you diary
- Have a cycle log to keep records of your training. Make a weekly or monthly training schedule
Make your cycling training a high priority
Don’t beat yourself up if you miss one or two sessions.
- Also tell you friends and family as they will support you.
Raise lots of sponsorship money and have fun doing so.
- By telling everyone that you are entering London to Paris 2014 you will be committing yourself to the training, and therefore will not let them down. No more small talk!
Get an exercise bike, turbo trainer or rollers
- You can then train at home in front of the TV, whilst doing some work or looking after the kids.
Plan your routes
- By planning your route and knowing which way to go your training will be more efficient.